creating glowscript account - only via google?

John W

Sep 6, 2016, 5:48:48 PM9/6/16
to Glowscript Users
Does one need to have a google account to use Glowscript? Is there not a way to create an account independently of google?

Bruce Sherwood

Sep 6, 2016, 6:04:58 PM9/6/16
to Glowscript Users
Good question, and I don't know the full answer. Here is some technical information aimed at developers:

When glowscript.org was first set up 5 years ago, using the Google App Engine, the default behavior was I think that a Google signin was necessary, but maybe this could be broadened now. However, note that one can create a free Google signin and only use it for purposes of using glowscript.org. Interestingly, in all these 5 years I don't recall anyone asking about this before, so it was never a priority to look into the issue.