glowscript folders and stuff

Rhett Allain

Jul 31, 2017, 8:20:42 PM7/31/17
to Glowscript Users
Is there anyway to manage programs and folders in glowscript?  I set some stuff up a long time ago and now everything is very cluttered.  Is it possible make nested folders?  In fact, I don't even see an option to make new folders.  I don't even know how I made these current ones.

Thanks!

Rhett

Bruce Sherwood

Jul 31, 2017, 11:15:57 PM7/31/17
to Glowscript Users
Alas, the primitive folder/file machinery badly needs overhauling. No, it's not possible to make nested folders. And the only way to move a file from one folder to another is to copy it, create a new file, paste, then delete the original file.

However, you should see at the far right a folder tab labeled "Add folder". If you don't, try making the browser page wider. Perhaps you're not seeing all the folders.

Rhett Allain

Aug 2, 2017, 8:12:42 AM8/2/17
to Glowscript Users
thanks Bruce.  I found the "add folder" - you were correct, I needed a wider browser.  But what "delete folder" - is there any way to do that?

Rhett

Bruce Sherwood

Aug 2, 2017, 8:59:32 AM8/2/17
to Glowscript Users
For added protection against mistakes, you have to delete all the programs in a folder before you can delete a folder.

Bruce

Rhett Allain

Aug 2, 2017, 8:09:39 PM8/2/17
to Glowscript Users