GSDEMO Physics Mechanics: Falling Ball

Kris Kras

Mar 14, 2018, 2:38:07 PM3/14/18
to Glowscript Users
A model of a falling ball. In real life my students use this setup as part of a motion lab. The ball starts falling from an electromagnet when a clock starts counting. A switch-plate stops the clock. Adjustable height. I also have a plastic and a wooden ball (with a small piece of iron) for testing purposes, so I added those too.
In Dutch - but easy adjustable.

Bruce Sherwood

Mar 14, 2018, 3:17:52 PM3/14/18
to Glowscript Users
Pretty! The instructions (passed through Google translate) mention a start button, which I don't see.

Bruce

Kris Kras

Mar 15, 2018, 4:40:13 PM3/15/18
to Glowscript Users
Thanks for the feedback. It's the big green button on the clock. I'll put a label on it or animate it.
(If you change the function call Nederlands() to English(), the physlet is in English. I have removed the menu in which this was invoked due to the bind/rate issue. I'll probably make a kind of button on the table).

Karim Diff

Apr 19, 2018, 3:33:43 PM4/19/18
to Glowscript Users
Very nice simulation!