Contributed examples

Bruce Sherwood

Mar 20, 2016, 4:31:45 PM3/20/16
to Glowscript Users
I would like to add a "Contributed" section to the example programs available at glowscript.org. If you have a program that you think would be of interest to the GlowScript community, please send me a link and a short description for consideration to be added to the Contributed list. The description should include your real name, in order to provide appropriate credit.

The link should point to your own stable copy of the program, separate from the program you may continue to work on. If you make improvements to your developmental copy and are convinced it is working well, you could update the stable copy so that later views would see the improved version.

Note that linking to your stable copy would mean that anyone would know the location of your programs and could see all of the programs in your public folders. If you would prefer not to encourage such access, I could link to a a copy of your program in the GlowScriptDemos account instead of linking to the program in your account.

 As you can see from the following graph, there are now more than 8000 GlowScript accounts, so there surely must be many programs of interest to this growing community:

tech...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2018, 4:35:19 AM10/1/18
to Glowscript Users
Note that linking to your stable copy would mean that anyone would know the location of your programs and could see all of the programs in your public folders. If you would prefer not to encourage such access, I could link to a a copy of your program in the GlowScriptDemos account instead of linking to the program in your account.

 As you can see from the following graph, there are now more than 8000 GlowScript accounts, so there surely must be many programs of interest to this growing community:

   Wow that looks like it gone exponential.

   is it possible to search public folders?

Regards
    Peter

Bruce Sherwood

Oct 1, 2018, 11:32:24 AM10/1/18
to Glowscript Users
No, there isn't a way to search all public folders.

With an update this morning, the graph show for the first time the number of glowscript.org accounts has passed 50,000:

The number of accounts doesn't directly measure how many active users there are. Probably a large fraction of the accounts belong to students who use GlowScript VPython in courses but may not use it after finishing the course. If these are the most common accounts, the graph would rise even if usage wasn't really changing.

Bruce