GlowScript offline now can save your program

Bruce Sherwood

May 19, 2018, 5:10:59 PM5/19/18
to Glowscript Users
Very good news about the offline version of GlowScript: you can now save your program or a compiled html version directly to your Download folder. See the details in README file in the latest version, which you can download at

Basically, you simply click the new Save button to save your program, or click the Export button followed by clicking the Save button to export an  html file, ready for execution or embedding in your own web page.

A browser cannot write to an arbitrary location on your hard drive, but I had failed to learn that there is a way for the browser to write to your Download folder.

Bruce

Bruce Sherwood

May 19, 2018, 5:14:17 PM5/19/18
to Glowscript Users
The new file saving works with Chrome and Firefox but not with Edge; I don't know why.

Bruce

Bruce Sherwood

May 19, 2018, 11:13:45 PM5/19/18
to Glowscript Users
More good news: I don't understand why, but it's now the case that you don't have to start the offline package in a special way in order to be able to use the builtin textures. The special procedure documented in the README file is needed only if you use your own image file for a texture, or if you use get_library().

The README is now an html file instead of a text file, for improved readability.

Bruce

Bruce Sherwood

May 20, 2018, 10:50:30 AM5/20/18
to Glowscript Users
Oops. I fooled myself about textures. I had forgotten to turn off internet access, and textures were obtained from the internet.

Bruce

Bruce Sherwood

May 20, 2018, 3:04:20 PM5/20/18
to Glowscript Users
Improved instructions in the README file on how to use the offline package.

Bruce