Arrow attribute changes unexpectedly

varalflip

Nov 30, 2016, 9:39:01 PM11/30/16
to Glowscript Users
I've created a clock (thanks for the help, Bruce!):

http://www.glowscript.org/#/user/varalflip/folder/Public/program/Clock

I'm new to Glowscript, but this behavior seems incorrect to me: if you remove the following statements:

    pointerh.length=SizeHour
    pointerm.length=SizeMin
    pointers.length=SizeSec

the arrows revert to length '1'; however, they should remain unchanged because I only changed the .axis attribute in the previous statements. Other attributes do stay the same (like color, etc.). Am I missing something?

Maurice

Bruce Sherwood

Nov 30, 2016, 10:56:08 PM11/30/16
to Glowscript Users
Please see the description of axis and size in the Help section "Choose a 3D object > Overview":

These two attributes are coupled, which has various advantages. In the case of arrow objects, it facilitates showing the changes in a vector quantity simply by changing the axis attribute.