Changing account ownership

Jim D.

May 4, 2016, 11:23:01 AM5/4/16
to Glowscript Users
My students who graduate lose access to their district Google Apps for Education gmail account.

Is there any way to change the ownership of an account from one gmail login to another? Some of my students may want to keep their programs, and short of having them copy them into a text file to take with them I'm not sure what they could do.

Does the Glowscript account (and saved programs) survive the deletion of the Gmail account associated with it?  If so, maybe they could just save links to their programs...

Jim

Bruce Sherwood

May 4, 2016, 11:45:26 AM5/4/16
to Glowscript Users
I don't know whether the programs would survive, but my guess is that they would. It sounds like you will be in a position to answer the question experimentally, by attempting to access a (public) program after the owner's gmail account is deleted.

Unfortunately, at the moment the only way to save all of one's programs is by laboriously copying files one by one. At the very least, we need an easy mechanism to save all programs. I'm pretty sure there would be no way to change the ownership of the account, given the way the database of users and programs is organized.

Frank Noschese

May 4, 2016, 12:09:48 PM5/4/16
to glowscri...@googlegroups.com

You might find this helpful. I don't know if it works, though.

How To: Migrate Google Apps for Education Account to Personal Google Account

http://www.techsavvyed.net/archives/3463

Frank Noschese
Physics Teacher
John Jay High School