integrating glowscript vpython (javascript) and WebVR sample program (using WebGL)

Randy Yang

May 31, 2016, 1:27:38 PM5/31/16
to Glowscript Users
hi all,

i have 2 issues:

1.
i am trying to integrate glowscript vpython (javascript) and WebVR sample program (using WebGL) but fail

anyone has ideas to do this task?

2.
i modified classic vpython sample bouncing ball.py with scene.stereo = 'passive', scene.stereodepth = 1.5, scene.fullscreen = 1
and convert it to glowscript vpython.
turn out there is no "stereo" effect in the glowscript web page

does glowscirpt vpython support the following features in classic vpython?
scene.stereo = 'passive', scene.stereodepth = 1.5, scene.fullscreen = 1

the reason i am doing this is
i am trying to display vpython content in immersive virtual reality environment like samsung gear vr hmd (head mounted display)
so i convert classic vpython program to glowscript vpython that can exe in a browser
and with the ability of Samsung Internet for Gear VR app (browser) that supporst WebVR.

i have post another similar article in VPython-users because i thought they are 2 different directions.
please let me know if it's not proper to do that.
thank you.

Regards.

Bruce Sherwood

May 31, 2016, 1:35:20 PM5/31/16
to Glowscript Users
See the responses to your note in the VPython forum. The reason why your note didn't appear here immediately is because this forum's settings are such that one's first post is held up for someone to check that it isn't spam.Future posts will appear right away (I deleted your note asking about why your first note hadn't appeared).

Given recent developments (see http://vpython.org/contents/announcements/evolution.html), it would make sense to merge the two forums.

MT Yang

Jun 2, 2016, 11:17:13 AM6/2/16
to glowscri...@googlegroups.com
thank you.

read the announcement and notice that the classic vpython will no longer receive updates or bug fixes.

however, classic forum will be the major one for discussion?

--

---

Bruce Sherwood

Jun 2, 2016, 11:25:57 AM6/2/16
to Glowscript Users
As I said, at some point we should merge the two forums. However, at the moment it makes sense to post to the older VPython forum for issues concerning Classic VPython or Jupyter VPython, and to the GlowScript forum for issues concerning GlowScript VPython. For issues that concern both GlowScript VPython and Jupyter VPython, which share the same syntax, it's sufficient to just post to one of the forums.

Randy Yang

Jun 2, 2016, 11:50:06 AM6/2/16
to Glowscript Users
got it.