Feature request: excludes for search

Oleg Fedko

Oct 20, 2014, 8:23:50 AM10/20/14
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
I can easily using regexp find lines that have few substrings.
For example:

cat|dog

But it is very difficult to exclude now from cats or dogs something else.

I would like to have second "exclude in search" text field.

It is useful pattern for logs analysis. For example I want to see logs from some subsystem but I need to exclude some spamming messages from it.

John Drummond

Mar 2, 2017, 11:38:15 AM3/2/17
to glogg
Or what would work for me would be to have negative look ahead and look behind in the regular expression and would cover this - I think they are in the pcre library
Also showing the captured groups in the filtered results tab would be good.
I agree on the save filtered view to a text file.

Also a check box to get the non matched results would be helpful  - I'm often looking at a text file, say a log file,  to find out the types of lines.
I write a regular expression for each type and I need to know what types I've not addressed

Thanks for your work.

gee...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2017, 6:33:04 PM6/18/17
to glogg
When I try to run a look behind regex I get an error message referring to QTBUG-2371.
That claims to have been fixed in QT 5.0.0 (according to their Jira).

But it look likes the QT libraries included in glogg are named Qt5*, not really version 5+?