Correcting the follow/auto-refresh bug on Windows

71 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Nicolas Bonnefon

ulæst,
31. okt. 2014, 08.33.2231.10.2014
til glogg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Recently, I have tried to tackle the long-standing problem of glogg not recognising a file has changed on disk (and consequently the "follow" function not working) on Windows. It has not been easy as I had to implement a platform specific way of getting notification from the OS.

I have uploaded an early test version of glogg (version v1.0.1-autoload-test-1) for Windows that uses the new system. It would be great if people having the problem could test and report how glogg behaves when a file is changed on disk.

MD5: abb36b18991db50fc345dd66b2189737

Please note there is a known memory leak (directories are not "un-watched" when files are closed) for now but that should not impact initial testing.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Nic

Nicolas Bonnefon

ulæst,
3. nov. 2014, 05.59.2703.11.2014
til glogg...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, October 31, 2014 12:33:22 PM UTC, Nicolas Bonnefon wrote:

I have uploaded an early test version of glogg (version v1.0.1-autoload-test-1) for Windows that uses the new system. It would be great if people having the problem could test and report how glogg behaves when a file is changed on disk.

It seems the zip I have uploaded on Friday has a missing dll which prevents glogg from running at all, here is an (hopefully) corrected version:
MD5: 774c033e27354711335d7788d9764174

Nic

Nicolas Bonnefon

ulæst,
10. nov. 2014, 09.20.4710.11.2014
til glogg...@googlegroups.com
I have uploaded an update to the test version: http://glogg.bonnefon.org/files/test/glogg-v1.0.1-autoload-test-3.zip
(md5: 674182bccbaef3634bffddfdeff28902)

It should fix a number of problems, including missing events. Could you please test and let me know how it goes in your environment?
If you notice any problem, please details the conditions and attach a log (generated with "glogg.exe -dddd -l")

Thanks a lot

Nic
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter