Feature requests : export matches to file, line numbers format and status bar

Fabio Chelly

Jan 5, 2017, 5:18:30 AM1/5/17
to glogg
Hi,

I'm using glogg on a daily basis to search inside 1GB+ files. I really miss some functionalities that (I suppose) are very easy to implement:

    As glogg meant to be used with huge files, the line number is very often a big number difficult to read. It would be great to display this number with a thousand separator
    Some of the files I'm reading are fixed size fields and I need to know on which column I am. When I select a few chars, it would be useful to display on a status bar (or even in the title bar) the X position (start/end/length) of the current selection
    When I'm searching inside a big log, it is very often to export some of those lines onto another file. When I don't have a lot of lines to extract, I can copy the content of the matches window to paste it inside a new file. But When the extracted lines are very important, a "Export matches" would be extremely useful as I don't have to store the matches in memory

Thanks a lot. I hope those 3 requests can be fulfilled.

Best regards,

Fabio Chelly