Bug: empty view for files containing Unicode BOM

Dawid Ferenczy

Feb 12, 2016, 10:46:16 AM2/12/16
to glogg
When I open a file which starts with the Unicode BOM (Byte Order Mark), glogg displays just 3 characters (BOM consists of 3 bytes 0xEF, 0xBB and 0xBF in the case of UTF-8) and then empty lines to the end of file (but number of lines is right) as you can see on the screenshot bellow:

So it's basically not possible to view files in the UTF-8 encoding with BOM at all.

Otherwise, it's really good application. It doesn't have many features, but it was the only application able to open REALLY big log files. And I have tried a LOT of applications (specialized in opening huge files).

glogg: 1.0.3 x86 64
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Dawid Ferenczy

Feb 19, 2016, 7:37:05 AM2/19/16
to glogg
So it seems there is a lot of requests for the Unicode support. I found out in an another thread that it should be implemented in the version 1.1. Is there any estimate when could be that version released, please?