Mac version?

Michael Titus

Oct 27, 2012, 10:22:04 PM10/27/12
to glogg
Is a Mac version still being considered? Is a Mac installer all
that's missing? Can the code can be compiled from source and run as-
is on the Mac? Thanks.

sebi...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2013, 9:19:13 AM6/29/13
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
Just compiled glogg on MacOSX. Works like a charm.

isto....@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 1:49:49 PM4/10/14
to glogg...@googlegroups.com, mike...@firechat.com
I managed to get a working app from version 0.9.2.1 but not from the latest development version (0.99.0). What I did was
- install xcode with command line tools (I quess the full xcode is not required and command line tools only are enough, but I did not test this)
- install Qt 4.8.5 from http://qt-project.org/downloads (I also tried Qt 5.2 but it does not deploy to same locations framework-wise as 4.8.5 and I was unable to produce a working app with it)
- download boost from http://www.boost.org (I used version 1.55.0)
- download glogg 0.9.2.1 source package, extract it and cd into it
- run (replace boost path with the path corresponding to your environment)
        qmake -spec macx-g++ BOOST_PATH=/Users/isto/Downloads/glogg/boost_1_55_0
- this produces the feedback below which I ignored
    Project MESSAGE: Building using static Boost libraries at /Users/isto/Downloads/glogg/boost_1_55_0
    sh: line 0: type: markdown: not found

    Project MESSAGE: markdown not found, HTML doc will not be generate

- run (produces lots of warnings about 'The version of Mac OS X is not supported'):

        make

- after this I had a glogg.app in the working directory

/Isto