glogg locks file

roland.s...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2016, 5:49:31 AM2/24/16
to glogg
I'm working with glogg v1.0.3-x86_64 in a Windows 7 environment.

1. If glogg has a log file open, the file is locked by the application, i.e. the file can not be manipulated (renamed, deleted etc). from outside.
Our log files will be zipped and the zip files rolled if they exceed a certain size/number. glogg prevents that by locking the file.
For example the baretail logger does not lock the log-files and follows files in a perfect way (see 2.)

2. The Follow-Line mode does not work reliable as posted by Gerald Sagmeister in his post "glogg | Refresh not working". Same problem here.
I have to press "Refresh" and "Follow" several times to see new lines arrived in the log file.

kind regards

Roland