Feature Requests: Filter to be able to show all lines not matching search, and ability to go to line

joh...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2016, 6:42:50 AM12/15/16
to glogg
Firstly thanks - It's getting to be a great piece of software. Keep up on improving the speed.

Two requests:
1/ in looking at some data, it's very useful to work out the anomalous entries in a series of categores
e.g there a file with a few million lines, say a field with classes: e.g. pending, done, open
How do I discover what other classes there are, with maybe only a couple of entries - exceptions that I need to handle?

a way is to select the ones I know and see the rest. Negating (pending|done|open|alive|paused) as a regex I don't think is obvious.

2/ It would be nice to be able to go to a line number
e.g. I run a script or import a file which fails on line 1789987
it would be quicker  just to go to the line to see what's up with the data, rather than repeatedly scrolling to get to it.

But thanks again.