glogg v1.1.1 released.

Nicolas Bonnefon

Apr 23, 2016, 3:18:02 PM4/23/16
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
A new version of glogg is available with a few new major features.

Main changes from v1.0.3:
- Support for UTF-8 file, in addition to ISO-8859-1
- New icons!
- A new icon on each tab shows whether new data have been detected
- Pulling the file beyond its end with the mouse triggers following

Please see the git log at http://github.com/nickbnf/glogg/commits/master
for the detailed changelog.

The Windows installer is available here:
http://glogg.bonnefon.org/files/glogg-v1.1.1-x86_64-setup.exe
The source code is available here:
http://glogg.bonnefon.org/files/glogg-1.1.1.tar.gz
The packages for Debian and Ubuntu will be updated shortly.

MD5 checksums are:
55fe9e1c0b0210342fdeb6ef6164f189 glogg-v1.1.1-x86_64-setup.exe
bbadb80747006a42de92d15e6665ce26 glogg-1.1.1.tar.gz

Please send any comment/suggestion/bug report to
glogg...@googlegroups.com

ber...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2016, 6:04:49 AM4/25/16
to glogg
Great new features, the UTF-8 support in particular. Thanks!

The new windows build doesn't work when I installed it on a rather ordinary Windows 10 machine. I believe you forget to include some of the required Qt 5.5.1 runtime components:

---------------------------
           glogg
---------------------------
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
---------------------------
            OK
---------------------------

I'm guessing it works for you because you have the full Qt build environment installed, with some of these DLLs in PATH?

// C-J Berg

Nicolas Bonnefon

Apr 26, 2016, 5:42:40 AM4/26/16
to glogg
Thanks C-J, do we think this is a problem specific to Windows 10? I have tested on Windows 7 and all the necessary files seem to be there.

Can anybody confirm if the installer is working for Windows 7?

Thanks

Nic

C-J Berg

Apr 26, 2016, 7:47:20 AM4/26/16
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

I'm not sure. I looked at glogg.exe through Process Monitor yesterday, and I noticed it failed opening the subdirectory "platforms". Then I read http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html and I believe one might need to distribute "platforms\qwindows.dll" with the installer. Could that be it?

Hope this helps,

C-J Berg

--

---

Nicolas Bonnefon

Apr 26, 2016, 8:04:55 AM4/26/16
to glogg
Thanks C-J, now I think I remember bumping into the 'platforms' issue before so you are probably right. It is odd it works with my test VM.

Could you try using this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zv2zcceyy0sfv4/qwindows.dll?dl=0 , placing it in the same directory as glogg.exe, or maybe under 'platforms/' or 'plugins/platforms/'.

If you manage to make it work, could you send a screenshot showing the exact directory structure and I'll replicate that in the installer?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nic
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to glogg-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

C-J Berg

Apr 26, 2016, 9:09:45 AM4/26/16
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
Success! When I put it in .\platforms\qwindows.dll, glogg starts without a hitch. I also tried .\plugins\platforms\qwindows.dll but that didn't work (unless one redirects the plugins folder, I think, but I see no need for that).

Thanks a bunch, Nic! Glogg is a such a nice log viewer, open-source and multi-platform - what more could one possibly ask for?! :-)

// C-J Berg

Nic
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to glogg-devel...@googlegroups.com.

---

Nicolas Bonnefon

Apr 26, 2016, 10:17:46 AM4/26/16
to glogg
Great, thanks a lot C-J! Could you list all the files you have in the Program Files/glogg directory just to make sure I don't forget anything?

I'll rebuild the installer tonight and hopefully everything will be sorted.

Thanks a lot

Nic

C-J Berg

Apr 26, 2016, 10:28:54 AM4/26/16
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
Sure, here you go:

> ls 'C:\Program Files\glogg\' -Recurse

    Directory: C:\Program Files\glogg

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
d-----       2016-04-26     16:19                platforms
-a----       2009-11-14     14:11          35147 COPYING
-a----       2016-04-23     20:52        2005504 glogg.exe
-a----       2016-04-23     20:52         301503 libwinpthread-1.dll
-a----       2016-04-23     20:52        5150208 Qt5Core.dll
-a----       2016-04-23     20:52        4947968 Qt5Gui.dll
-a----       2016-04-23     20:52        1214976 Qt5Network.dll
-a----       2016-04-23     20:52        5996032 Qt5Widgets.dll
-a----       2016-02-12     19:05           2017 README
-a----       2016-04-25     11:14          63521 Uninstall.exe

    Directory: C:\Program Files\glogg\platforms

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
-a----       2016-04-26     14:20        1437184 qwindows.dll

So the only file I've added is platforms\qwindows.dll.

// C-J Berg

heman...@gmail.com

May 16, 2016, 11:51:08 AM5/16/16
to glogg
Thank you for updated version.

The MD5 "55fe9e1c0b0210342fdeb6ef6164f189" mentioned here is not matching with MD5 for downloaded file, i.e. "432CBB9C1D271D0FFAC0F38D88A85CB7".

Can you update the new MD5, we need to verify with.