Copy options between computers

Olivier Jacquemin

Jul 27, 2011, 6:41:14 AM7/27/11
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

I just discovered glogg and it rocks!

It provides many improvements over my previous favorite: bare(tail|grep):
- regexes in color filters,
- two-pane window showing context of bottom-selected line in top,
- follow mode,
- etc.

Is there a way to copy filters config from one computer to another?

One suggestion also: it would be nice to allow case-insensitive regex for color filters.

Thanks a lot for sharing this great tool!

  _Olivier_

Nicolas Bonnefon

Jul 28, 2011, 12:22:59 PM7/28/11
to glogg...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:41:14PM +0200, Olivier Jacquemin wrote:

>Is there a way to copy filters config from one computer to another?

It depends on the platform, on Linux/BSD... the config file is in
~/.config/glogg and can just be copied across machines.

On Windows it's a bit more complicated since the config is stored in the
registry. You can probably copy the registry entries but I am not sure
how to do that.

I am thinking of moving the configuration to an old fashioned .ini file
instead of the registry. Does anyone familiar with Windows know where
the configuration files should be stored? In the application directory?
In a central place?

>One suggestion also: it would be nice to allow case-insensitive regex for
>color filters.

Absolutely, I'll add that to the list of current issues.

>Thanks a lot for sharing this great tool!

Thanks for the kind words!

N.

kpk...@gmail.com

May 2, 2017, 11:23:22 AM5/2/17
to glogg, nic...@bonnefon.org
> On Windows it's a bit more complicated since the config is stored in the registry.  You can probably copy the registry entries but I am not sure how to do that.
Where in Windows registry - I searched for "glogg" and don't find filter - color setup.  Thanks!