Where can I get polarized prescription sunglasses online?

SmilinJack

Jan 31, 2010, 8:21:13 PM1/31/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
I'm happy so far with several Zenni rimless metal frames I ordered
recently, but I'm now in the market for polarized prescription
sunglasses and I can't find any good online vendors. There are a
couple of sites that claim to sell these, but when you enter your
order, you don't see "polarized" as an option. Zenni doesn't offer
such an option, nor does Goggles4U.

Prescription sunglasses are available, and polarized sunglasses can be
had, but not the combination of all three -- prescription, tint, and
polarization. Has anybody else found any online vendors for
polarized, prescription sunglasses?

I was able to get a pair about ten years ago from a Sears store, but
have yet to find them online. Thanks for any assistance anybody can
give!

TujuMaster

Feb 1, 2010, 11:54:47 AM2/1/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
I ordered a pair of polarized sunglasses from GlobalEyeGlasses.com.
The quality is good as was the price. I've read a few complaints
about GlobalEyeGlasses but they have always furnished quality eyewear
for me.

tonester

Feb 1, 2010, 12:31:31 PM2/1/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
http://www.39dollarglasses.com/ has polarized lenses, but polarized
lenses do jack the price up a bit.

pepper in seattle

Feb 1, 2010, 2:00:28 PM2/1/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
i just ordered poloroid prescription from http://www.glassesshop.com/sunglasses.html
and it was reasonable price. waiting for delivery now. got two
emails, one that the glasses were made.
the second says they were shipped with a tracking number.

Andrew Morris - Eyewear2u.com

Feb 2, 2010, 12:16:02 PM2/2/10
to GlassyEyes.com Forums - Visit the site!
Normally I would not be touting my site so brazenly, but since you
specifically asked where you can find these, I would like to point out
my site. I am an optician with http://www.eyewear2u.com. We have a
large selection of sunglasses, and when you find one that you think
will work (i.e. a sunglass frame with a relatively low curve, not a
shield,etc...), you can add prescription and polarization to it. You
can also do this to all of our ophthalmic frames. You were saying
that you had not found a site that could do "prescription, tint, and
polarization," I would like to point out that polarization is a tint
in itself, blocking a minimum 50% of the light. If, however, you want
to add additional tint to your glasses you can call our customer
service line (and you will probably end up talking to me) and we will
help add that as well. Customer Service Line: 1.800.398-9577 or you
can contact me at a...@eyewear2u.com.

If you like polarization on your lenses, I would also recommend
getting AR (anti-reflective coating), which helps with additional
protection against glare.

Andrew Morris
Optician - http://www.eyewear2u.com