You do not have write access to this repository

Tobias Renger

Dec 13, 2009, 6:46:01 AM12/13/09
to Gitorious
Hi,

when I try to push changes to a repository on gitorious.org I get the
error:

== Gitorious:
You do not have write access to this repository

The owner of the repository is a group and my role in this group is
set to Administrator. I am able to create a clone of the repository on
gitorious (with myself as owner) and to push changes to it.

Is there a way to get write access to the origin repository owned by
the group?

Johan Sørensen

Dec 15, 2009, 3:54:23 AM12/15/09
to gito...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Tobias Renger <ma...@tobiasrenger.name> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I try to push changes to a repository on gitorious.org I get the
> error:
>
> == Gitorious:
> You do not have write access to this repository
>
> The owner of the repository is a group and my role in this group is
> set to Administrator. I am able to create a clone of the repository on
> gitorious (with myself as owner) and to push changes to it.

Do you have commit permissions as well, or only admin? The permissions
doesn't "cascade" (eg if you're an admin, you're not automatically a
committer & reviewer).

Also, be careful if you have the same SSH pubkey under a different
user, they keys are matching to a user on a first come basis.

Cheers,
Johan

Tobias Renger

Dec 15, 2009, 1:01:38 PM12/15/09
to Gitorious
> Do you have commit permissions as well, or only admin?

When I clone the repository I have commit, review and admin
permissions. But for the origin repository there is no "Manage
collaborators" link to get an overview of the permissions. So I cannot
figure out which permissions I have.