RuntimeException: fatal: Failed to resolve HEAD as a valid ref.

kongf...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2013, 4:18:52 PM3/6/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
I am using gitolite amd just added gitlist

When I go to the url for the repo, I get this error:

RuntimeException: fatal: Failed to resolve HEAD as a valid ref.

If I do a chmod -R 775 on the repository it then works fine, until another git push is done.  I then have to reset permissions again.

Everything else works fine from the commandline, and can git push and get git status.

I am running this under apache on Centos 5.6

What should the permissions be?  I also have the repositories owner as:

git:git testing.git

Thanks

kongf...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2013, 10:33:52 AM3/7/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
I figured it out, I just setup git, so pretty new but in case anyone else runs into this, have to change the UMASK setting to 0022 in .gitolite.rc