README files

mall...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2013, 7:53:12 AM4/30/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there some way we can disable support for turning ASCII Plain-Text READMEs into some sort of mark-up language?  I like the idea of the READMEs being displayed when you click into the repository, but I write these files in Plain-Text for a reason (and have done so for the last twenty-two years).

Is there support for a configuration setting that essentially tells GitList not to try to interpret these files as anything other than what they are?

Thanks,
Dave

Malloc

Oct 7, 2013, 1:49:06 PM10/7/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
We've run into another documentation-oriented issue.  When the commit logs are pulled into GitList, the log messages are being truncated if there happens to be a blank line separating paragraphs.

The full comment is still available via 'git log'; the problem is that devs don't know to go looking for the rest of the log since there is no visible indication that the message was cut off.

Thanks
Dave