http://10.75.41.41/gitlist/index.php is blank

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 8, 2013, 7:05:10 PM4/8/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Can someone help me with this problem. When I load the page its blank.

I see the following error in apache error.log

[Mon Apr 08 18:43:13 2013] [error] [client 10.81.150.117] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /var/www/html/gitlist/index.php on line 20
[Mon Apr 08 18:43:13 2013] [error] [client 10.81.150.117] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/html/gitlist/index.php on line 20

I am using the default index.php

<?php

/**
 * GitList 0.3
 */

// Set the default timezone for systems without date.timezone set in php.ini
if (!ini_get('date.timezone')) {
    date_default_timezone_set('UTC');
}

if (php_sapi_name() == 'cli-server' && file_exists(substr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 1))) {
    return false;
}

require 'vendor/autoload.php';

// Load configuration
$config = GitList\Config::fromFile('config.ini'); Line -20

$app = require 'boot.php';

$app->run();

Any help will be greatly appreciated. It does not seem as if any one else has had this problem. My search returned no answers. So I guess I am doing something basically wrong.

Thanks
-Praveen

Hari K T

Apr 8, 2013, 9:17:10 PM4/8/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
Which version of php are you using ? It seems to me you are using less than PHP 5.3 , where gitlist need a minimum of 5.3 .

Thanks
-Praveen

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 9, 2013, 7:05:03 AM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I updated to 5.3

Now I am getting the following error

[Tue Apr 09 06:56:28 2013] [error] [client 10.81.150.117] PHP Warning:  require(vendor/autoload.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/gitlist/index.php on line 17, referer: http://10.75.41.41/
[Tue Apr 09 06:56:28 2013] [error] [client 10.81.150.117] PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/gitlist/index.php on line 17, referer: http://10.75.41.41/

Thanks
-Praveen

Hari K T

Apr 9, 2013, 8:13:46 AM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
You should get the composer.phar and run

php composer.phar update

from the gitlist directory .

I assume you have cloned it . See https://github.com/klaussilveira/gitlist#building
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gitlist/-/4JW5EO1WCc0J.

Klaus Silveira

Apr 9, 2013, 9:44:45 AM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
You don't need Composer or anything else, unless you want to do everything by yourself by cloning the repo. Just download the latest stable version from here:

Untar and follow the installation instructions carefully.

--
Klaus Silveira
(011) 8564-2492

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 9, 2013, 12:10:21 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com, con...@klaussilveira.com
Hari, Klaus,

Thank you both for prompt feedback. The problem was that I cloned instead of untar from the latest package. I got that working.

Now I have the following problem

Sometimes which I click on links like history I get the following error

Oops! DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead

How can I fix this.

Also if I want gitlist to always show me the latest, do I have to schedule a job to constantly run pull on the server? Is there any other way where git can pull the latest before it displays in the browser?

Thanks
-Praveen

Klaus Silveira

Apr 9, 2013, 12:12:03 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
Configure your php.ini date.timezone option.

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 9, 2013, 1:08:09 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com, con...@klaussilveira.com
Hi Klaus,

Thank you for the response. Setting it to date.timezone = America/New_York worked.

Can you let me how to get gitlist to always display the latest contents of a repository (My 2nd question from previous post) or is this only for static repositories ?

Thanks
-Praveen

Klaus Silveira

Apr 9, 2013, 1:27:44 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by static? Every time you access a repository, GitList is showing it's data. Just like when browsing the repository with the git command.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gitlist/-/weL73SjJlhEJ.

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 9, 2013, 3:30:39 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com, con...@klaussilveira.com
I cloned the repository on the server. I am pointing gitlist to that location where repositories are cloned. However in order to see the latest using gitlist I need to run a git pull on the repo.

My question is, can we get gitlist to update each time I refresh the browser?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
-Praveen

Klaus Silveira

Apr 9, 2013, 3:33:17 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
That's more about your Git architecture rather than GitList. Just put Gitlist on the server you're running your bare repos, the ones you push to. Like GitHub, or BitBucket, etc.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gitlist/-/UAHydk6iI-0J.

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 9, 2013, 3:48:31 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com, con...@klaussilveira.com
Sorry, I am not able to quite understand what you are saying.

Here is what we have

1. Locally hosted git remote server running git 1.8
2. Gitlist is installed on the same server
3. my repositories sit under /home/git/repositories
4. I have each repo as .git under the folder
5. I cloned the repos on the remote server to a location /opt/gitlist/repos.

Now in my config.ini if I have
repositories = '/home/git/repositories/' it does not work

Now in my config.ini if I have
repositories = '/opt/gitlist/repos/` it works fine but its a static area that it displays in the browser.

In order to see the latest commits, I need to run a git pull on the respective repos to always look at the latest.

I hope my question is clear. Maybe gitlist cannot do this.

P.S on a side note, for the static copy that I am able to view, search tree does not work. Do I have to do anything different?

Thanks
-Praveen

Klaus Silveira

Apr 9, 2013, 5:17:27 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
You shouldn't have static copies, just adjust your permissions on the /home/git/repositories. If you're using Apache, allow the www-data user to read that folder.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gitlist/-/uoFap6rXqKUJ.

Praveen Rajagopalan

Apr 9, 2013, 5:53:36 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com, con...@klaussilveira.com
I gave appropriate permissions to the folder. Now its list the repositories. When I try to go into the repo to browse I get the following error

Oops! warning: unable to access '/root/.config/git/config': Permission denied warning: unable to access '/root/.gitconfig': Permission denied warning: unable to access '/root/.config/git/config': Permission denied warning: unable to access '/root/.gitconfig': Permission denied warning: unable to access '/root/.config/git/config': Permission denied warning: unable to access '/root/.gitconfig': Permission denied fatal: Failed to resolve HEAD as a valid ref.

I dont know where it is picking root from

Thanks
-Praveen

Hari K T

Apr 9, 2013, 9:22:12 PM4/9/13
to git...@googlegroups.com
 I assume you are talking about updating your other cloned repos.

To my knowledge gitlist will not update automatically for it don't know where the remote is, what to do, where to merge etc .

You need to run a cron to update those repo.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gitlist/-/UAHydk6iI-0J.