Hash (#) character on beginning commit message. Message is removed.

Krzysztof Grzelak

Apr 10, 2015, 7:32:51 AM4/10/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
I working with TFS system where PBI's are described and linked by number started from hash sign. Our commit message template starts from this number (and hash), and git extenions remove all lines which are started from # character. Is any way to send commit message from gitExtension ui with # on begining of the line?

Oliver Friedrich

Apr 10, 2015, 8:19:00 AM4/10/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
In the current version, 2.48.03, I can use a commit message of "#2345" without any problem...

--
Oliver Friedrich
My professional blog: shades-of-orange.com

I working with TFS system where PBI's are described and linked by number started from hash sign. Our commit message template starts from this number (and hash), and git extenions remove all lines which are started from # character. Is any way to send commit message from gitExtension ui with # on begining of the line?

Krzysztof Grzelak

Apr 17, 2015, 6:33:36 AM4/17/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reply. I figure it out. The problem was the template. I don't know why, but when I removed usage template I'm able to commit with hash sign.

Template was:
[#TFS_PBI_ID][#TFS-ITEM_ID]* <description>
Reviewed by: <Name Surname>