Are there any plans to use Git 2.x?

Bob

Jan 28, 2015, 7:05:44 PM1/28/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Git 2.0 was released over half a year ago, and msysGit seems to have a working implementation.

Are there any plans to migrate Git Extensions to Git 2.x?

Arkady Shapkin

Jan 29, 2015, 5:49:51 PM1/29/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
We will do that when msysgit release Git 2.0 installer

White Wolf

Jan 30, 2015, 9:08:15 AM1/30/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
How 'bout using the msys2 thingy?  I use it in the command line and it is much better than msys.  msys is (for example) unable to deliver negative process exit codes and that breaks heaps of things.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Arkady Shapkin <kinddr...@gmail.com> wrote:
We will do that when msysgit release Git 2.0 installer

Arkady Shapkin

Jan 31, 2015, 7:08:26 AM1/31/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
You can use it manually with GitExtensions. We don't plan to go from msysgit

пятница, 30 января 2015 г., 17:08:15 UTC+3 пользователь White Wolf написал:
How 'bout using the msys2 thingy?  I use it in the command line and it is much better than msys.  msys is (for example) unable to deliver negative process exit codes and that breaks heaps of things.
On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Arkady Shapkin <kinddr...@gmail.com> wrote:
We will do that when msysgit release Git 2.0 installer

Konrád Lőrinczi

Jun 14, 2015, 9:27:31 AM6/14/15
to gitext...@googlegroups.com

Chuanyu Wang

Nov 23, 2015, 10:50:01 PM11/23/15
to GitExtensions
The latest git version is 2.6.3, and it has a installer for Wnidows. But I try to combine Git Extension and Git 2.6.3. The app crashes when it opens a Git workspace. So Are there any plans to migrate Git Extensions to Git 2.x?

Bob

Nov 23, 2015, 10:59:43 PM11/23/15
to GitExtensions

We don't plan to go from msysgit

Will that change now that msysGit is no longer maintained?

From the project page:

Git for Windows 1.x was retired on August 18th, 2015, superseded by Git for Windows 2.x. The development environment of Git for Windows 2.x is no longer maintained in a monolithic Git repository but rather as the Git SDK, a friendly fork of MSys2 pre-configured to ease the development of Git for Windows.

 All issues are closed without fixes:

You probably want to upgrade to Git for Windows 2.x; This project (Git for Windows 1.x) is no longer maintained.