How to config gerrit plugins

Lams Yi

Apr 1, 2013, 4:35:23 PM4/1/13
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I try to use Gerrit plugins with GetExtensions.

Usually I run follow git command to push my code for review:

git push ssh://myusername@localhost:29418/project HEAD:refs/for/master

So I set the .gitreview like this:

[gerrit]
host=localhost
port=29418
project=project.git
defaultbranch=master
defaultremote=master
defaultrebase=0

But we I click the 'Download/Publish Gerrit Change' buttons, I got follow error:

The remote "master" specified with the "defaultremote" setting in the .gitreview file does not refer to a configured remote. Either create this remote or change the setting in the .gitreview file.

Can anyone tell me how to setup the defaultremote please?

Cheers,

Lams Yi

Apr 1, 2013, 9:59:25 PM4/1/13
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Now I figure out the .gitreview like follow which will allow me to push the change for review.

[gerrit]
host=localhost
port=29418
project=project.git
defaultbranch=master
defaultremote=origin
defaultrebase=0
HEAD=/ref/for/*

But now I face another issue, how can I download the Gerrit change? When I click the download button, it show up a screen with follow fields:

Remote: origin
Change (Enter the Change-Id or the number from the Gerrit URL):
Topic branch:

I input my change-id 1110 and leave Topic branch as blank then click 'download'. GitExtensions just crash. Anything I miss in the .gitreview config?

pcworld

Apr 5, 2013, 9:31:56 PM4/5/13
to GitExtensions
On 2 Apr., 03:59, Lams Yi <lamsy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I input my change-id 1110 and leave Topic branch as blank then click
> 'download'. GitExtensions just crash.
You should report the crash on the bug tracker:
https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/issues

Lams Yi

Apr 7, 2013, 4:18:09 PM4/7/13
to gitext...@googlegroups.com, 018...@googlemail.com
Thanks, pcworld.

I think this is my config instead of application issue at first. I will log a bug in the bug tracker.

pcworld

Apr 7, 2013, 4:26:42 PM4/7/13
to gitext...@googlegroups.com, 018...@googlemail.com
Well, a crash should never happen, regardless of configuration errors.
So I'd consider it a bug.

Martin Haberfellner

Apr 8, 2013, 12:35:18 PM4/8/13
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
i am not able to download changes, it does not crash but returns the following error:

i tried both, the change-id and the number from gerrit

my .gitreview file looks like this:
[gerrit]
host=wsmhabe
port=29418
project=test.git
defaultbranch=master
defaultremote=origin
defaultrebase=0

from where does it try to get the change?
my gerrit installation runs on http://wsmhabe:8181

martin

Martin Haberfellner

Apr 8, 2013, 12:39:03 PM4/8/13
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
the errormessage tells me "could not retrieve the change details".
see the attached screenshot
2013-04-08_183726.jpg

Martin Haberfellner

Mar 10, 2014, 9:36:30 AM3/10/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
the plugin serves as a frontend for git-review.
just install git-review and the plugin starts working.

this could be added to the gitextensions help as i had the same problem.

martin