How to run scripts on a particular source file using File tree

Vineet Agrawal

Sep 9, 2014, 1:44:19 AM9/9/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to run script on a selected file using File tree. If this feature is made available, it will open doors to user to do many useful things.

Arkady Shapkin

Sep 12, 2014, 6:05:04 AM9/12/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Please provide an example of such things and better create feature request here https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/

вторник, 9 сентября 2014 г., 9:44:19 UTC+4 пользователь Vineet Agrawal написал:
Message has been deleted

Vineet Agrawal

Sep 12, 2014, 6:22:17 AM9/12/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for replying.

I meant something like when we browse our repo using the file tree, the context menu shows up some options which can be performed on any particular file.
Can a user create an entry in context menu such that a third party tool is called over the selected file when that option is selected?
For example, I want to run an error finding tool over the file, Instead of first opening the tool and then calling the file, I can configure the tool to show up in the context menu and run this tool over my file.
The underlying process can be this: your GUI calls the particular tool and passes the filepath as the argument, with associated flags.

Thanks and Regards,
Vineet