Where is the optional stash message support?

Всеволод Голованов

Jan 30, 2014, 5:30:03 AM1/30/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
There was an issue 484. Its description promises everything I dream of:
Add support for choosing an optional message when saving a stash, both from the Stash form and from the toolbar button. Show this message where appropriate (e.g. next to the stash ref in the stash list).
It was closed with the message:
This feature supported in latest versions
But I'm using Git Extensions 2.47.3, and the only relevant thing I see is a "Write custom stash message" button in the Stash view, and even that is always disabled. What am I missing?

Felipe Magarotto

Jul 21, 2014, 10:54:52 AM7/21/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
I know that was long time ago, but I faced the same problem recently and a google search brought me here. If someone else have the same problem it may help.
This feature is active during the creation of a new stash item.

To use this feature click on right arrow of stash menu > View Stash > Select a stash (popup window) >
-- your changes will be shown and the "Write custom stash message" button stays enabled. -- >
edit you message > Save Changes

Kiere Luurs

Mar 22, 2017, 4:48:03 PM3/22/17
to GitExtensions
Thanks Felipe,

This frustrated me too.

I just tried to use the Stash for the first time (thinking of the TFS Shelve), and some form of description seemed obvious. But I just could not get it to work.

Now I could move on and make this step.