Next Release?

Phil Sandler

Jan 20, 2016, 4:39:11 PM1/20/16
to GitExtensions
It looks like a lot of changes have been merged since the last release, but no new release seem to be scheduled/planned.

I'm particularly interested in getting back full support for Visual Studio 2015.  From the issues I see closed, it looks like this is functional in master?

If I want a relatively stable version, should I build master, or is waiting for an official release recommended?

Thanks,

Phil

Koby Goldberg

Jan 24, 2016, 9:36:29 AM1/24/16
to GitExtensions
I would like to know that as well.
I am looking forward to having some very useful fixes!

Thanks,
Koby

Ed M

Mar 15, 2016, 12:21:06 AM3/15/16
to GitExtensions
Yes, the release cycle is far too long, I have just moved to use a release from another fork because of intolerable crashing under Linux.
Is there a problem with releasing every month or two ?
Does there need to be a bugfix branch and development branch so we can get bugfixes integrated and released more often ?

Arkady Shapkin

Mar 17, 2016, 4:58:07 AM3/17/16
to GitExtensions
Sorry for that, but we have several not completed for release features in master

Arkady Shapkin

Mar 17, 2016, 4:59:30 AM3/17/16
to GitExtensions
I am talking about Visual Studio 2015 support.

Edgar Durão

Mar 23, 2016, 3:30:35 AM3/23/16
to GitExtensions
I know that this is a "no question", but can you share a date for a new release?
Visual Studio 2015 integration is very missed :(

Phil Sandler

Apr 6, 2016, 1:47:29 PM4/6/16
to GitExtensions
I actually think that GitExtensions is the best GUI for git in Windows, hands-down.  Even without the Visual Studio integration, I think it's the best.

Add the Visual Studio integration (in VS 2013), which is many, many times better than what comes out of the box with VS 2015, and there is nothing that even comes close in my opinion.

Any news on the timing of the next release would be appreciated!

Glen

Apr 24, 2016, 1:25:27 PM4/24/16
to GitExtensions
Replying to add myself to the list of users that are anxiously awaiting a new release. Lots of great looking commits in the repository since the latest release, and I'd love to start using them.

Walter Gray

May 26, 2016, 2:59:30 PM5/26/16
to GitExtensions
Is there a list of issues currently blocking release? I'm sure many would love to help get them taken care of so that we could push out a new version.

Arkady Shapkin

Nov 9, 2016, 6:15:44 PM11/9/16
to GitExtensions
Version 2.49 released https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions/releases/tag/v2.49