Feature Suggestion: Show real-time pulls for a pushed commit.

Groo Developer

Jan 31, 2014, 11:12:04 AM1/31/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Everyday I hear someone in my team saying:

"Anyone pulled from git in the last ten minutes? I have a quick fix to my last commit blah blah, so if you did it pull again..."

So I want git extesions to show the pulls made by my team, so anyone with a quick fix to push can see it.

   Also would be awesome to mark a commit as a "fix", and display those commits to pull, something that say:
"You have 2 fix commits to pull" or just a icon with a tool and a number in its side.

Cordially, Groo.

Oliver Friedrich

Jan 31, 2014, 11:21:09 AM1/31/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Would you happen to know how "to show the pulls made by my team" using plain git? If you do, then that might help anyone who would be willing to put this into GitExtension. But I think this information is not available with git, let alone retrievable. I might be wrong, though.

The second task seems a bit more realistic but I can only think of some task being executed every minute or so that would:
  • fetch changes from the repo (without merging)
  • check for differences
  • show a note if any exist

You could use tags to mark your fixes "fix-1", "fix-2", etc. and check for those. But those are only ideas.

--
Rodziną do Jana Pawła II. - www.rodzinadojp2.pl