A problem with Git Extension and Gerrit

José Luis Aparicio Francés

Aug 7, 2014, 10:01:43 AM8/7/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hello:
We are working with Git Extension and Gerrit, and we have a problem. Could you help me?

When I try to push a change to remote, It shows the following error message:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\git.exe" push --recurse-submodules=check --progress "origin" refs/heads/esapc15a_lsv:refs/heads/esapc15a_lsv
Counting objects: 10, done.
error: failed to push some refs to ...

In this case Git Extensions is trying to push to "refs/heads/branch" and I need to push to "refs/for/branch", because I need to review the code.
For the moment the solution is to use "Git bash", but How Could I solve this problem in git Extension'
Thanks !!

Best Regards / José Luis

Arkady Shapkin

Aug 8, 2014, 3:45:38 AM8/8/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hi

You can use branch fullname refs/for/branch in push dialog

José Luis Aparicio Francés

Aug 8, 2014, 6:28:16 AM8/8/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

I can't write in push dialog, I only can change remote, and branch to push. I can't write.
Could you tell me how I can open push dialog?

Thanks!!

Oliver Friedrich

Aug 8, 2014, 7:16:26 AM8/8/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
I use version 2.47.3:

--
Oliver Friedrich
My professional blog: shades-of-orange.com

José Luis Aparicio Francés

Aug 8, 2014, 9:12:41 AM8/8/14
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
Me too. I use version 2.47.3.
And I see the same dialog box, but I don't know where I can write ·refs/for/branch.
For the moment I use Git Bash, and I like to use Git extensions 100%
Thanks!

Afonso Remédios

Jul 6, 2016, 7:10:17 AM7/6/16
to GitExtensions
Hello Guys,
following the above to use the push dialog I went to try and add refs/for before the destination branch and it works.
see the image for an example:

Hope this helps.

Afonso