How to add git to Windows Path after installing GitExtensions 2.49 on Windows 10?

Matthis Thorade

Nov 29, 2016, 4:33:40 AM11/29/16
to GitExtensions
Hi,
I just installed GitExtensions 2.49 on my Windows 10 machine. It also installed git and GitExtensions work nicely. Now I would like to use the same git executable in adifferent context (Python script via https://pypi.python.org/pypi/GitPython ). But the normal Windows cmd command prompt does not find the git executable. What is the recommended way to add it to the Path?
Thanks in advance.
Matthis

Arkady Shapkin

Feb 3, 2017, 8:34:08 AM2/3/17
to GitExtensions
Run Git for Windows installer again and select option "Add to PATH variable"