Problem pushing to a non master remote branch

zimniv

Jan 25, 2017, 1:04:34 AM1/25/17
to GitExtensions
Hi,
using v2.49
Git version 2.10.1

I'm facing a problem in the push dialog under the following scenario:
  • Remote repository has 2 branches, 'master' and 'otherBranch'
  • I'm cloning a local repository and checks out the 'otherBranch' branch
  • I'm creating a new branch called 'myBranch' and checks it out.
  • I'm changing a file, staging and commiting.
  • Trying to push 'myBranch' into remote 'otherBranch' but the push dialog shows only 'master' and 'myBranch' as options fir "branch to push to" (missing the 'otherBranch' option).
Now, when using linux GIT command line, "git push" works correctly on this specific scenario ("git push origin myBranch:otherBranch"), so it is just like git extensions doesn't get the remote branches list correctly.

Thanks for your help