How to set git extensions to remember password

Christopher

Aug 9, 2011, 6:51:27 PM8/9/11
to GitExtensions
When doing a Push from visual studio, a prompt from git comes up
asking me for my password. Is there a way to have it remember / auto
enter my password so I don't have to do it every time?

Bohumír Zámečník

Aug 9, 2011, 7:50:09 PM8/9/11
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
When using OpenSSH it is possible to set up a certificate agent and
all the operation is passwordless. I think it is described here quite
nicely: http://help.github.com/ssh-key-passphrases/.

Bohumir Zamecnik

Brian Evans

Aug 9, 2011, 8:12:48 PM8/9/11
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
This all depends on your method.

If using PuTTY and ssh, then Pagent should load to take care of key
management.
If using HTTP, you need to embed the password in the URL
See Bohumir's comment on OpenSSH if not using PuTTY.

Some more details will help us to help you.

Brian

> Use the link below to report this message as spam.
> https://lavabit.com/apps/teacher?sig=2176426&key=960884195

Alexander Vezenkov

Nov 10, 2015, 2:12:10 PM11/10/15
to GitExtensions
I've tried all that. Really disappointed by GitExtensions commands - no way to use OpenSSH with pass-phrase keys. It will never prompt you for the key and will just fail. Putty doesn't work with ssh-agent generated keys.