Font issue in Ubuntu (Precise Pangolin) with Git Extensions 2.40

sschaub

Aug 22, 2012, 2:51:49 PM8/22/12
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
I discovered GitExtensions today and am excited about what looks like a great Git tool.

When I installed it on my Precise Pangolin VM, the dashboard (showing Common Actions, Recent Repositories, etc.) does not display correctly. The action labels (Open repository, etc.) are missing. When I hover the mouse over them, the tooltip shows up. I'm thinking I must be missing a font. Any suggestions?

Stephen

Ibrahim Awwal

Sep 13, 2012, 5:34:25 AM9/13/12
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
What did you need to install to get it to run? I get this error when I try to run mono GitExtensions.exe:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'GitUI.FormChooseTranslation' from assembly 'GitUI, Version=2.40.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'GitUI.FormChooseTranslation' from assembly 'GitUI, Version=2.40.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Running 12.04 as well. Thanks!

sschaub

Sep 13, 2012, 8:24:10 AM9/13/12
to gitext...@googlegroups.com
I installed monodevelop. That pulled in all of the .net packages needed to get GitExtensions to run for me on 12.04, and eliminated the error message you mentioned.

Stephen