How to configure Commit View

Dominique Descamps

Nov 9, 2015, 6:03:59 AM11/9/15
to GitExtensions
Good morning,
I have modified some source code, and now I would like to see the differences compared to the source, present on the GIT server.
Therefore typically a compare tool can be used, which looks as follows:
  • Differences are shown side-by-side
  • The complete files are shown (in order to see the context of the differences)
However, in my case, GIT Extensions Commit view merges everything in one view (showing the typical red and green background for the changed lines) and all identical lines are not shown.

First I thought that this was due to the difftool, but as it turned out, my difftool (KDiff3), as a stand-alone application, shows differences in files exactly the way I want it.
I don't know whether or not this is relevant, but as a Mergetool, also KDiff3 is filled in.

Does anybody know how I can alter the commit view in my GIT extensions?

Thanks
Dominique

Arkady Shapkin

Nov 10, 2015, 2:05:19 AM11/10/15
to GitExtensions
Hi, Commit Window show diff directly from git. You can't change diff engine used by git, only difftool.