Help pushing topics

notzippy

Nov 7, 2014, 1:18:46 PM11/7/14
to git...@googlegroups.com
I was trying to follow the video and I am stuck at the part were you upload the change log. When I try to upload a new branch I get a "rejected invalid integration branch specified" but somehow it appears you have no issues doing so in the video (http://vimeo.com/86164723 @1:25) - yet I cannot quite make out what the command for it is except below

git push origin HEADS:/refs/for/(I have no idea what this part is)

According to the docs you cannot add a new topic for a new branch, but somehow according to video you appear to ?? Is there something I missed somewhere ?

thanks
Nz

James Moger

Nov 7, 2014, 2:34:49 PM11/7/14
to git...@googlegroups.com
Be careful with your git syntax - it's wrong in several places.

If you have created a ticket manually through the web ui then:

    git push origin HEAD:refs/for/N

Where N is the integer id of the ticket.

If you have not yet created a ticket, then:

    git push origin HEAD:refs/for/new

Both of these require that you have a repository with at least one commit.  "Invalid integration branch" is probably because you are specifying a branch that does not exist with your "I have no idea what this part is" text - or whatever you are putting in there.  It's not free-form.  It must correspond to an integer id, "new", or an existing branch name like "master".

You might find this documentation helpful:
http://gitblit.com/tickets_using.html

-J

notzippy

Nov 7, 2014, 2:42:00 PM11/7/14
to git...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, 7 November 2014 11:34:49 UTC-8, James Moger wrote:
Be careful with your git syntax - it's wrong in several places.

If you have created a ticket manually through the web ui then:

    git push origin HEAD:refs/for/N

Where N is the integer id of the ticket.

If you have not yet created a ticket, then:

    git push origin HEAD:refs/for/new

Both of these require that you have a repository with at least one commit.  "Invalid integration branch" is probably because you are specifying a branch that does not exist with your "I have no idea what this part is" text - or whatever you are putting in there.  It's not free-form.  It must correspond to an integer id, "new", or an existing branch name like "master".

You might find this documentation helpful:
http://gitblit.com/tickets_using.html

Thanks James, In the video (http://vimeo.com/86164723 @1:25) it appears that no branch is created on the origin repository, so I was wondering how that was possible, maybe that part was skipped ?
Anyways I was able to create a new pull request after creating the topic branch on the server, but when I click to view the pull request wicket dumps a stack trace saying there is an unexpected runtime exception

WicketMessage: The component(s) below failed to render. A common problem is that you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered).

1. [MarkupContainer [Component id = patchId]]
2. [MarkupContainer [Component id = link]]
3. [Component id = label]
4. [MarkupContainer [Component id = changeAvatar]]
5. [Component id = image]
6. [MarkupContainer [Component id = changeAuthor]]
7. [MarkupContainer [Component id = link]]
8. [Component id = label]

Root cause:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to render. A common problem is that you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered).

1. [MarkupContainer [Component id = patchId]]
2. [MarkupContainer [Component id = link]]
3. [Component id = label]
4. [MarkupContainer [Component id = changeAvatar]]
5. [Component id = image]
6. [MarkupContainer [Component id = changeAuthor]]
7. [MarkupContainer [Component id = link]]
8. [Component id = label]

at org.apache.wicket.Page.checkRendering(Page.java:1201)
at org.apache.wicket.Page.renderPage(Page.java:941)
at org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.respond(BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.java:261)

James Moger

Nov 7, 2014, 2:49:52 PM11/7/14
to git...@googlegroups.com
@1:25 I'm pushing HEAD:refs/for/new%t=documentation

That means push my single commit and create a new ticket from the commit message AND assign the topic "documentation" to that ticket.
http://gitblit.com/tickets_using.html#H14

The branch that was created was refs/heads/ticket/1.  The git client can't know that - it only knows that it pushes to refs/for/new... and the server accepted it so it reports back "new branch".

I don't know what to make of your stacktrace since it sounds like you bypassed the ticket push mechanism.

-J