GDIC Updates and Free Spots for Startup Weekend this Friday

Kim Hamper

Jul 23, 2013, 7:44:24 AM7/23/13
to girl-develop...@googlegroups.com, gdic-core-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just a few quick Girl Develop It Columbus updates:

1) Summer classes have started! Newbie HTML/CSS is underway and we have three more class starting in August and September:

Intermediate HTML/CSS - starting Tuesday, August 13th
Newbie JavaScript - starting Thursday, August 15th
PHP MVC - starting Thursday, September 12th

Visit each class page to find out more. If a class peaks your interest, you can register straight through the Meetup page by RSVPing. We hope to see you there!

2) We have another great Hack Night happening tomorrow. While "Hack Night" might sound intimidating, the event is super low-key and friendly. Don't worry if you don't have a project currently - come anyway! It's a great place to meet amazing people, to learn and to ask for advice on how to learn more.

3) Startup Weekend has again provided us with 10 free last minute tickets! Startup Weekend is this weekend starting Friday, July 26th and running through Sunday. More information attached below.

We're working on getting more regular updates and resources out to our members. If you're someone (or if you know someone) who is passionate about social media and building communities on the web, please get in contact with me at k...@girldevelopit.com or stop by an event!

Wishing you all a fantastic week. :)

Best,
Kim

Girl Develop It Columbus
Chapter Leader
@gdicbus

Startup Weekend Information

Interested in taking an idea to a reality? In finding like-minded designers, developers and business hustlers? In creating something this weekend rather than sitting on the couch? In sharpening new design or dev language skills?

Every Startup Weekend is an energy/adrenaline-filled 54 hour frenzy of hacking away with designers, business-minded individuals and fellow developers to create the next big piece of software, website, iPhone app, corporate solution, novelty website/app -you name it!.

You can learn more at columbus.startupweekend.org and sign up for the upcoming Startup Weekend with the code "GDI" for a free ticket for the first 10 developers who sign up.

Startup Weekend is a great way to find a new project to hack away at, to get involved in the entrepreneurship/startup community, to meet some incredibly talented designers, developers and business-minded folks, to create the next big (iPhone app, website, business..), to see your idea become a reality, and to spend your weekend making things happen instead of sitting around! Sign up now, or contact Suzy Bureau (suzann...@gmail.com) with any questions.