Startup Weekend Tickets, CodeCamp Feedback, and Femgineer Scholarships

Kim Hamper

Nov 14, 2013, 7:35:28 PM11/14/13
to girl-develop...@googlegroups.com, gdic-core-...@googlegroups.com, gdic-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Forwarding on a few promotions (and one CodeCamp feedback survey) in case these might interest you:

For those that attended CodeCamp 2013:

If you attended CodeCamp as part of the GDIC Field Trip or on your own, they'd like our feedback. Take a moment to fill out the survey here: http://bit.ly/1bCeFFO

Startup Weekend Columbus Tickets

We still have free Startup Weekend tickets. Startup Weekend starts tomorrow so let me know ASAP if you'd like a ticket!

Scholarships and discounts from Femgineer

We received the following from Femgineer:

"I wanted to let your community know about an 8-week online course we are offering focused on Lean Product Development. The Winter 2014 iteration begins February 4, 2014. This course is meant for engineers, startup founders, product managers, and designers. No coding skills are required and it's online so anyone around the world can join in. This year alone we’ve graduated over 30 students from around the world, who have gone on to manifest their ideas into products that are changing the world!

Just a little about us, if you aren't already familiar: Femgineer was founded by Poornima Vijayashanker, who was formerly the founding engineer at Mint.com. We are on a mission to increase the number of women in technical leadership roles by providing educational services in areas such as product development, communication, and leadership."

If you're interested, you can:

  1. Apply to receive a full scholarship to attend Femgineer's Lean Product Development course. Here is the link with additional info on how to apply for the course. Please note: the deadline to apply for a scholarship is December 6, 2013
  2. Apply the GDIC discount using the code GDI20 to save 20% off the course. Just enter the code when applying.

We haven't personally participated in any Femgineer courses, so if you decide to participate, please let us know what you thought of the course!

Cheers,
Kim

Girl Develop It Columbus

Chapter Leader