Final Ghost Confronted

Ghostwriter

Apr 14, 2012, 10:21:49 PM4/14/12
to ghosts-an...@googlegroups.com
After sending out the formal proposal, I contacted the person whose treatment at the hands of my former editor left me with the greatest feeling of shame and humiliation of my entire career.  I've asked him if he will consent to allowing me to use a photo of him in the book, since he's my bass idol.  Even after all these years, writing to him still filled me with anger and shame, although not at the level I felt for at least ten years.

He's a very nice man, so I'm sure he didn't hold it against me personally.  In fact, he's been so successful in his post bass-playing career that it may not have bothered him in the least.  He struck me as a person who knew what mattered in life and didn't stew over the things he couldn't change. In fact, he told me specifically that he never let the actions or opinions of others influence his own decisions.

He's a better man than I am, because it still rankles me.  Doesn't haunt me anymore, but still makes me angry to think about it.