Structure of Ghosts and Ballyhoo

Ghostwriter

Apr 19, 2012, 11:24:24 PM4/19/12
to ghosts-an...@googlegroups.com
Ghosts and Ballyhoo: Memoirs of a Failed L.A. Music Journalist will be structured as follows:

Introduction

Anthology One: Prelude to an Essence.

Anthology Two: First Light.

Anthology Three: Annihilation and Summit.

Anthology Four: Wasteland.

Anthology Five: Abyss.

Anthology Six: The Great Unhaunting.

Codas.

Rather than be a first-person narrative about the life of Thomas Wictor, each section of the book besides the introduction and codas will consist of self-contained stories that stand on their own.  Most will be mine, and many will those of Scott Thunes, although since he hates stories I'll have to call them something else. Accounts? Reckonings? Chronicles? At any rate, the input from Thunes will serve as a counterpoint to my own experiences. Two competing narratives will be contained within the anthologies, but you'll have to look for them.

The codas will consist of 1) observations on what I've learned over the past 20 years--or more accurately, what I've learned not to do and how I've learned not to be, and 2) actual personal resolutions of long-standing issues with those who haunted me the most.

There will also be a photo insert devoted to the people, things, and one animal who brought me joy over the past 20 years. This whole thing is going to be a hoot.  Just a month ago, it wasn't even a possibility, and now it's a reality.  Bee-zarre!

This is all I'll tell you about the contents of my memoir.  From now on, the updates will be about the progress of its journey from my computer to your hands.

Wish me luck.