All music stories collected; announcement about cover design

Ghostwriter

Apr 18, 2012, 2:58:17 PM4/18/12
to ghosts-an...@googlegroups.com
I've collected all the music stories. The next step is to collect the L.A. party and entertainment stories, which are hidden in a ridiculous 200,000-word novel I wrote years ago.  It got so many rejection notices that I was going to do something really dramatic and self-pitying. I'd read that an author in New Zealand had taken her rejected manuscript and encased it in resin to make a doorstop. But then my brother Tim convinced me to keep it, telling me I might be able to use the material in future projects.  As far as I could tell all my future projects would involve lifting baskets of french fries out of boiling oil, but I listened to Tim, put the manuscript in a box, and tucked it away in a trunk for ten years.

When Ghosts and Ballyhoo became a reality, I took out that white whale and found that it's full of things I totally forgot.  I'm flabbergasted how much there is in it.

In repayment to my brother for his good sense, I've gotten Schiffer to let him design the cover of the book.

Tim and Tom in 1996.  Tim is on the left.
1966.jpg

cwgonzales

May 23, 2012, 9:16:36 PM5/23/12
to Ghosts and Ballyhoo
That picture has always made me think of little war orphans, wanting
to be adopted.

Can't wait to see all this put together.