Rstudio

Isaac Atienza

Mar 26, 2015, 9:20:29 PM3/26/15
to ggp...@googlegroups.com

Hello, I'm Isaac from Catalonia. I'm starting to use a Rstudio and I want to learn more. I want to know if is there is a book that allows me to get more knowledge about Rstudio in biostatistics analysis.

Can you or somebody recomended me some book?

Thank you

Roman Luštrik

Mar 27, 2015, 2:04:26 AM3/27/15
to Isaac Atienza, ggplot2
This may not be the appropriate list for R, but here goes.
Rstudio is an IDE that integrates text editing, R and many extra features into one package (environment). What you're looking for is "R books" or tutorials. Teh internets is crawling with freely accessable R resources. A whole book called series "useR!" is dedicated to certain fields and R. Also, other books often have snippets of R that help you push along a subject.
Bottom line, "google it" as old as it is, might be very appropriate here. If you have a genuine question about plotting data and/or how to use package ggplot2, feel free to drop another question.

Cheers,
Roman

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

In God we trust, all others bring data.

Jim Burton

Mar 27, 2015, 6:55:59 PM3/27/15
to Roman Luštrik, Isaac Atienza, ggplot2
Hi

This was a nice polite answer. Some replies may not be that nice as they forget they were once starters!

I am about to try some Python tutorials which is a very useful programming scenario.

You could try just R and judge which is easier.  All open software usually has many, many tutorials online.

Check your spelling & typing carefully as this can give you grief - computers detect all mistakes!

Happy Programming

Isaac Atienza

Mar 29, 2015, 4:02:36 PM3/29/15
to Jim Burton, Roman Luštrik, ggplot2
all right! thank you!!

jwd

Apr 1, 2015, 8:08:40 PM4/1/15
to ggp...@googlegroups.com
There is at least one book devoted to R Studio entitled "Getting
Started With R Studio" by John Verzani and published by O'Reilly. That
said, you probably want more information on R than R Studio. R Studio
is an IDE for R. It is not a GUI for R. You want to keep that in mind.

JWDougherty

Paul van Leeuwen (Gmail)

Apr 2, 2015, 5:43:07 AM4/2/15
to ggp...@googlegroups.com

Frans Marcelissen

Apr 2, 2015, 5:54:37 AM4/2/15
to Isaac Atienza, ggp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Isaac,
Do you know the book Getting Started with RStudio by John Verzani? But to be honest, after a while you won't need a book anymore. Rstudio is super simple, although R is not.
Frans