No background, only main axes, and minor tick marks

Jim Roper

Jul 28, 2017, 3:21:19 PM7/28/17
to ggplot2
Hello all! I'm new here,

  1. I was surprised that almost all figures in the book have a grid and grey background, while in my area of the sciences (ecology, mostly) no journal WANTS a grid or background. Also, journals prefer to not have the right and top Y and X axes lines either. I was looking for an easy way to do that.

  2. Minor tick marks. I often prefer to label major tick marks but still have minor tick marks to facilitate reading (between the lines, perhaps). I can’t figure that out from the book.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

Adriano Fantini

Jul 28, 2017, 3:30:13 PM7/28/17
to Jim Roper, ggplot2
This is all something that you can do easily with theme() or using one of the default themes. Additional themes can be used, you can find them in several packages. Take a look at the most common ggplot extension packages here:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.