Why do I get 2 legends in ggmap?

C W

Jun 23, 2017, 12:57:39 AM6/23/17
to ggp...@googlegroups.com
Dear ggplot2 list,

I am reproducing two ggmap examples from Kahle & Hadley's example, but do not get the same.

In example one, I got two legends instead of one. In example two, overlay() function is not found.

Map and dataset are attached. I guess some arguments have changed since then?

Here's example 1 code:
houston <- get_map("houston", zoom = 14)
HoustonMap <- ggmap(houston, extent = "device", legend = "topleft")
HoustonMap + stat_density2d(
  aes(x = lon, y = lat, fill = ..level..,
  alpha = ..level..),
  size = 2, bins = 4, data = crime,
  geom = "polygon")

Here's example 2 code (continues from example 1):
overlay <- stat_density2d(
  aes(x = lon, y = lat, fill = ..level..,
      alpha = ..level..),
  bins = 4, geom = "polygon",
  data = violent_crimes)

HoustonMap + overlay + inset(
  grob = ggplotGrob(ggplot() +
                      overlay + theme_inset()),
  xmin = -95.35836, xmax = Inf,
  ymin = -Inf, ymax = 29.75062
)

> Error: object 'overlay' not found

Could someone let me know what I should do in this case? Thank you so much!

Mike

Rplot.pdf
crime.rda