Slightly OT: which order for control vs test group in a graph

Abitbol jean-Louis

Jul 1, 2015, 9:36:39 AM7/1/15
to ggp...@googlegroups.com
Dear List,

A reviewer asks that, in my graphs and tables I put the results on the control group first and then the test group.

I find this rather counter-intuitive and in a faceted plot with one col I would rather see the test group on top and the control group below.

Is there any kind of published recommendation for that ?

Thanks and best wishes, JL

Brandon Hurr

Jul 1, 2015, 11:17:18 AM7/1/15
to Abitbol jean-Louis, ggplot2
In my field (Plant Physiology), it is much more common to see results presented in the way described by your reviewer.

Control Test1 Test2 Test3

Or

Control
Test1
Test2
Test3

That being said, if you want it presented in that way and your labels are clear then unless the editor agrees with said reviewer I think you can tell them to deal with it.
(•_•)
(⌐■_■)

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.