Draw 3D mesh and overlay colour points onto the mesh

neilsrini

Aug 3, 2016, 9:02:33 AM8/3/16
to ggplot2
Hi

I have the points and triangulation coordinates of a 3D mesh.

I want to draw this, and then overlay a colour scheme on the faces, based on measured values at each point, i.e. a contour map onto the 3D structure.

Any idea how I would do this?

Brandon Hurr

Aug 3, 2016, 2:01:58 PM8/3/16
to neilsrini, ggplot2
ggplot2 doesn't really deal in 3D unless the 3rd dimension can be a color or something. You're wanting 4 dimensions (x,y,z, and color) so this is not going to work.

A quick google got me here:

The lattice example looks useful to you. I immediately thought of rgl, but the "example" listed is very complex and I'm unsure how to color the faces of the polygons.

Good luck.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

neilsrini

Aug 26, 2016, 11:20:11 AM8/26/16
to ggplot2
Hi I solved the problem using

plotly's link to R-studio

for those who this may benefit here is a good piece of code that may help

thanks
Neil