Combining Marimekko/Mosaic plot using ggplot2

DrunkenPhD

Nov 10, 2015, 11:13:32 AM11/10/15
to ggplot2
The Marimekko/Mosaic plot looks very nice when it comes to categorical data.

Even better when you can have categories inside categories like in the chart attached with the post.

ggplot package seems to have the power to do this but I am not quite sure if I should make facet_wrap for categories and use mosaic plots or there is any shortcut way?

What is the best way to create these using ggplot?

I am using dataset which you can find attached

Best Regards
Book1.xlsx
Selection.png

Richard Zijdeman

Nov 10, 2015, 11:34:02 AM11/10/15
to DrunkenPhD, ggplot2
don’t forget to checkout the treemap package for these kinds of plots: https://github.com/mtennekes/treemap (also available via CRAN)

Best, Richard

--
Dr. R.L. Zijdeman | CDO | International Institute of Social History | Cruquiusweg 31 | 1019 AT Amsterdam | +31 20 668 5 866

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.
<Book1.xlsx><Selection.png>