Histogram with lines instead of bars

Timothy Lau

Sep 12, 2016, 3:40:19 PM9/12/16
to ggplot2
I feel like I've seen a histogram type of chart with spaced lines instead of bars. Am I making this up or is there geom for this?

Best,
Timothy

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."

Ben Bolker

Sep 12, 2016, 3:46:01 PM9/12/16
to Timothy Lau, ggplot2
I think it's sometimes called a "needle plot", and you can make it by
constructing segments from (x,0) to (x,y) for each (x,y) pair ...
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "ggplot2" group.
> email to ggplot2+u...@googlegroups.com.

Brandon Hurr

Sep 12, 2016, 3:51:45 PM9/12/16
to Timothy Lau, ggplot2
So something where you just affect the width isn't helpful?

You just want lines where the bars would be?

[Ben's email]

There's also geom_lollipop
But I'm not sure if it plays nice with a histogram.

To post: email ggp...@googlegroups.com

More options: http://groups.google.com/group/ggplot2

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

Timothy Lau

Sep 12, 2016, 3:53:02 PM9/12/16
to Ben Bolker, ggplot2
Thanks Ben! The name brought up the right search results: