Can't install in R 3.2.5

Melina Espinal

Sep 17, 2017, 4:15:31 PM9/17/17
to ggplot2
Trying to install packages in RStudio, ggplot2 an car can't install in R 3.2.5. Any suggestion on how to?

Ben Bolker

Sep 17, 2017, 4:36:42 PM9/17/17
to ggp...@googlegroups.com

I don't know if this group has an official FAQ list. This should be
on it.

This might be closest to the answer you need:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16091304/efficiently-getting-older-versions-of-r-packages

Also see

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11490560/installing-r-packages-for-old-r-version-without-sudo-privelages
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ggplot2?filter=all&sort=linked

Googling "install r package on older version" gives results that
initially *seem* not to be useful, because they are about installing
older versions of *packages* (not installing new versions of packages on
old versions of R), but it comes to the same thing because the reason
that packages aren't installing on old versions of R is that they
explicitly depend newer versions of R (and of supporting packages).

ggplot2 claims to depend on R >= 3.1 (which means that on first glance
you would think you'd be OK), but it also "Imports" a bunch of packages,
some of which probably were either not released until after version
3.2.5 (hence binary versions of packages aren't available), or depend on
a later version.

Life would definitely be easier for you if you can update to the most
recent stable version of R. Otherwise you will have to mess around with
installing older versions of the supporting packages from CRAN (by
downloading .tar.gz files and installing them locally -- you'll probably
also need development tools installed) until you get where you need ...

On 17-09-17 03:34 PM, Melina Espinal wrote:
> Trying to install packages in RStudio, ggplot2 an car can't install in R
> 3.2.5. Any suggestion on how to?
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> Groups "ggplot2" group.
> an email to ggplot2+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:ggplot2+u...@googlegroups.com>.

Roman Luštrik

Sep 17, 2017, 4:45:25 PM9/17/17
to Melina Espinal, ggplot2
R 3.2.5 is over a year old release. If there's a chance, please consider upgrading.
My guess would be that some package require R version higher than this and all subsequent dependencies may fail. If you provided what errors you get we could give a more educated guess as to what's going on.

Cheers,
Roman

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Melina Espinal <melinae...@gmail.com> wrote:
Trying to install packages in RStudio, ggplot2 an car can't install in R 3.2.5. Any suggestion on how to?

To post: email ggp...@googlegroups.com

More options: http://groups.google.com/group/ggplot2

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

In God we trust, all others bring data.

mike mike

Sep 17, 2017, 5:11:20 PM9/17/17
to Ben Bolker, ggp...@googlegroups.com
Is there a reason to be working off the old R version?