Point and Lines in the PDF created by ggplot will become very small point when edited by illustrator

Shicheng Guo

Jun 6, 2016, 4:48:45 PM6/6/16
to ggplot2
Hi All,

Did you find some amazing things. I prepared a figure with ggplot and set the point and lines large enough (point size=6), and If I open the pdf with adobe reader, the figure is quite good. However, when I tried to edit it with illustrator, the lines and point become very little? what happend? Any suggestions? Thanks.

DAFB.png is opened by adobe reader (above)  while 45E.tm.png is opened by illustrator (bottom).

======================
script:

f<-ggplot(tmpp,aes(-log(LD,10),-log(Cor,10)))+geom_point(size=6)+ geom_smooth(method = "lm", se = FALSE)
f<-f+xlab("LD:-log(P,10)")+ylab("Cor:-log(P,10)")+theme_bw()+theme(plot.background = element_blank(),
                   panel.grid.major = element_blank(),
                   panel.grid.minor = element_blank())
pdf("example.pdf",width=5,height=5)
print(f)
dev.off()
======================

DAFB.tm.png
C45E.tm.png

Roman Luštrik

Jun 7, 2016, 3:03:33 AM6/7/16
to Shicheng Guo, ggplot2
Have you tried opening the pdf with a different program, like Inkscape? In case his repeats there too, there is some chance that this is indeed pdf mandated. If not, there's a chance that Illustrator is doing something behind the scenes.

Cheers,
Roman

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

In God we trust, all others bring data.

Hadley Wickham

Jun 7, 2016, 3:28:33 PM6/7/16
to Shicheng Guo, ggplot2
Try svg instead?
Hadley

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

Joe Willage

Jun 8, 2016, 11:00:01 AM6/8/16
to ggplot2
Does ggsave give the same problem?